Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Child of the Week

Child of the Week
Kevin Achwal



This week’s spotlighted child is Kevin Achwal.  Kevin is seventeen years old.  He resides at Holly House and attends Waddington High School:

I am Kevin Achwal from Lorna Waddington High School.  I was born on the 11th of October, 1999 from Kakomega County.  I am the second child in the family of five children.  I stay with my parents but they are drunkards and HIV positive. 

This situation made it difficult for me to stay at home because my parents could not care for us.  I suffered through my primary education as there was no one to pay for my school year.  I persevered with the hardship until I finished my Kenya Certificate of Primary Education in the year 2014.

I managed to pass and scored 362 points.  This made me have hope in my life as I knew that I would get acceptance but this did not bother my parents.  I was confused, not knowing what to do and even whether I will join secondary school or not.  When it was about two months later I got a good Samaritan who did my school shopping and took me to school, where I am now.

I am now in Lorna Waddington High School struggling with the life.  Although secondary school is hard, I try my best to make my future bright and lighten my family members from that hardship.  I am now working to achieve my goals and dreams that I had set. 


                                                                        Yours Faithfully,
                                                                        Kevin Achwal

You can sponsor Kevin for only $30 a month.  Your sponsorship will cover school fees and help pay for room and board.  The sponsorship fees for Holly House children do not cover the entire cost of their living expenses, but help supplement the monthly needs for caring for the children in the orphanage.  The remaining portion of their living expenses are covered through separate donations.  As a sponsor, you will receive a photo and personal information about your sponsored child.  Your sponsored child will send you letters and you will receive information regarding how to correspond with your sponsored child, should you choose to do so. 

To sponsor Kevin or for more information, please visit His Hands for Kenya or contact us here.  Please sponsor a Kenyan child today!



0 comments:

Post a Comment