Sunday, July 17, 2016

Child of the Week

Child of the Week
Ruth Mutheu



This week’s spotlighted child is Ruth Mutheu.  Ruth is sixteen years old.  She resides at Holly House and attends Waddington High School:

I am Ruth Mutheu from Lorna Waddington High School.  I was born on the 31st of March, 2000 from Kibwezi constituency, Makueni County.  I am the second born in my family.  I found myself in difficulties when my father turned and began to be a drunkard.  He could not play his roles as a father.  By that time I was just but in class four.  He was my father, but a father by name only.

My mother was just but a housewife.  She could struggle in any way in order to provide us with essential needs and also school fees.  Sometimes we could go on without a meal and even live for two days.  My life was no seriously in a mess.  I was no more to have a ticket to live.  But in my studies, I put more efforts in order to succeed.  Since hard work never goes unrewarded I managed to get 356 marks on my KCPE results.  I had achieved my goal but there was no where to go.  My father did not take any action on how I could proceed in my secondary school.

I knew that my school life had come to an end since my mother became too ill and weak due to the hard tasks she performed.  She was the breadwinner but now we had to find a solution on how to live.  My elder sister was no where to be seen since she dropped out of school in her early years due to my father’s drinking habit.  There was no other way other than coming up with a plan on how to take care of my young siblings.

But since God never leaves his people alone, a good Samaritan came on our way home and took me to school: Lorna Waddington High School.  I passed through many challenges in my life but I put more efforts in my studies in order to brighten my future and help my parents come out of the situation they are in.  I am looking forward to achieving my dream in my life.

                                                                        Yours Faithfully,
                                                                        Ruth Mutheu

You can sponsor Ruth for only $30 a month.  Your sponsorship will cover school fees and help pay for room and board.  The sponsorship fees for Holly House children do not cover the entire cost of their living expenses, but help supplement the monthly needs for caring for the children in the orphanage.  The remaining portion of their living expenses are covered through separate donations.  As a sponsor, you will receive a photo and personal information about your sponsored child.  Your sponsored child will send you letters, and you will receive information regarding how to correspond with your sponsored child, should you choose to do so. 


To sponsor Ruth or for more information, please visit His Hands for Kenya or contact us here.  Please sponsor a Kenyan child today!



0 comments:

Post a Comment