Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Child of the Week


Introducing our “Child of the Week.”  Each week we will feature a Galilee Primary or Lorna Waddington High school student who is in need of sponsorship.  First to be featured is Laura Ochango.  Laura is a sixteen year old orphan who resides at Holly House children's home and attends Waddington High School.  Laura has been waiting for a sponsor and has written the following letter in hopes that it will reach that special person:

My name is Laura Ochango.  I was born on 27th September, 1999.  I was born by both parents but unfortunately they died in a road accident.  I then stayed with my grandmother who took care of me and also paid my primary school requirements.

When I completed my KCPE exams, I got 876 marks whereby I was required to join a secondary school, but due to lack of finances I stayed home to help my grandmother with house chores.  All students had joined the school.  I wondered when would I join the school since I was the only one remaining in the village to join. 

One day as I was sitting in the house I heard someone knocking.  The man came and told me to prepare myself for he was going to take me to school.  I was then brought to Lorna Waddington High School where I began my Form 1.  I thanked God for that.  I am enjoying being at Lorna Waddington.

In school, I persevere through hard situations but I work hard so that I can help my family.  I work hard to ensure that poverty does not fall in our family again and achieve my dreams. 

                                                                        Yours Faithfully,
                                                                        Laura Ochango


For only $30 USD per month you can help Laura achieve her dreams. Your sponsorship will cover school fees and help pay for room and board.  Sponsorship fees for Holly House children help offset monthly child care costs.  The remaining portion of their living expenses are covered through separate donations.  As a sponsor, you will receive a photo and personal information about your child.  Your sponsored child will send you letters, and you will receive information regarding how to correspond with him or her, should you choose to do so.

To sponsor Laura or for more information, visit His Hands for Kenya or contact us here.

Sponsor a Kenyan child today.  You will be glad you did!




0 comments:

Post a Comment