Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Child of the Week



Child of the Week
Evelyne Mueni Nthuku

This week’s spotlighted child is Evelyne Mueni.  Evelyne is sixteen years old.  She resides at Holly House and attends Waddington High School:

I am Evelyne Mueni from Lorna Waddington High School.  I was born on October 24, 1999.  I am in Form 2.  It was the year 2014 when I completed my primary school.  By that time both my parents were jobless.  My father decided to leave home and go away.  I was now left with my mother who tried her best to provide for the family. 

I was in sixes and sevens not knowing whether I would join secondary school.  I joined a local farmer nearby in order to assist my mother in providing basic needs.  After about three months someone came to our home.  He seemed kind hearted and spoke to my mother. 

Mother explained all the challenges she faced.  He decided to take me to secondary school.  By that time even getting a biro was a problem.  He voluntarily decided to take me from my home and take me to a secondary school.

I am now in Lorna Waddington High School trying my best.  Though I have two elder sisters, they are jobless due to lack of education.  My elder brothers also have no job since they do not have any skills due to lack of education.  My mother, who now is very old to provide for the family is facing a lot of problems.  My siblings are also not schooling due to lack of finances. 

For now I am working day in day out to achieve my goals and dreams and assist my siblings to improve their academics. 

                                                                        Yours Faithfully,
                                                                        Evelyne Mueni

You can sponsor Evelyne for only $30 a month.  Your sponsorship will cover school fees and help pay for room and board.  The sponsorship fees for Holly House children do not cover the entire cost of their living expenses, but help supplement the monthly needs for caring for the children in the orphanage.  The remaining portion of their living expenses are covered through separate donations.  As a sponsor, you will receive a photo and personal information about your sponsored child.  Your sponsored child will send you letters, and you will receive information regarding how to correspond with your child, should you choose to do so. 


To sponsor Evelyne or for more information, please visit His Hands for Kenya or contact us here.  Please sponsor a Kenyan child today!


0 comments:

Post a Comment