Friday, June 24, 2016

Child of the Week



UPDATE:  GEORGE HAS BEEN SPONSORED




This week the spotlight is on George Ngesa.  George is a sixteen year old orphan who resides at Holly House.  He attends Waddington High School.  He is currently in Form 1 due to a late start in beginning his education.  George is an orphan who has overcome much personal hardship in his young life:

I am George Ngesa from Lorna Waddington High School.  I was born on July 5, 1999 in a small village in Kakamega County.  I was born from a very poor family in which I was the last born among the eight children. 

By the time I was born my father did not have any job.  It was not easy to survive by that time due to the financial status of our family.  My mother did not have the strength to perform any job since she was suffering from heart disease.  Our life turned more difficult when my father died in a road accident when he was traveling.  By that time, I was a very little child and I had not been admitted to any school.

From then it was really a hard life in our family since we were only left with my mother.  Due to the hard situation, my brothers who were learning were forced to drop out of school so that they could do some jobs in order to earn a living for our survival. 

Due to my mother’s health status, she needed a lot of money so as to remain alive.  My mother’s health deteriorated and finally she was admitted in the hospital where she died while being given medication.  That is how I ended up being an orphan.

Really, that was the saddest moment in my life.  I was only left with my elder sister who was now to take care of me.  I joined my primary school very late due to lack of money to support my education.  My sister struggled doing some small jobs.  After getting some money I was admitted to one of the local schools in our village.  Since I was clever I was able to capture anything which was taught in class. 

Since my sister alone could not support my education, teachers and other well-wishers decided to support me.  Because I was a determined and courageous person I persevered through the problems, both at school and at home up to when I finished my primary education. 

                                                                        Yours Faithfully,
                                                                        George Ngesa


George's birthday is July 5.  He would love nothing more than to hear that he has been sponsored.  You can sponsor George for only $30 a month.  Your sponsorship will cover school fees and help pay George's room and board.  Sponsorship fees for Holly House children do not cover the entire amount of their living expenses, but help offset the monthly cost of caring for the children.  The remaining portion of their living expenses are covered through separate donations.  As a sponsor, you will receive a photo and personal information about your sponsored child.  Your sponsored child will send you letters, and you will receive information regarding how to correspond with them, should you choose to do so. 

To sponsor George or for more information, please visit His Hands for Kenya or contact us here.

Please sponsor a Kenyan child today!




2 comments:

  1. Good luck, George. You sound like a real winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you have been sponsored! May God continue to bless you and your sponsor.

    ReplyDelete